Diet in bronchial asthma
the Development of asthma contribute to different causes:
• Professional factors (the presence in the air of biological and mineral dust, harmful fumes)
• Environmental factors (exhaust fumes, high humidity, etc.)
• Dietary factors
• Detergents (in particular, aerosols).
If there is a food Allergy, the diet involves certain limitations.
the most dangerous products include:
• Citrus fruits
• Fish, crayfish, crabs
• hot spices
• Pickles, marinades
• Rich broth
Very often the attack of asthma caused by food additives (in particular, sulfites). If you use sulfites as preservatives manufacturers list this on the packaging – to protect yourself, be sure to read the information given on the labels. It is important to remember that in some cases, sulfites are used in the processing of products (in particular dried fruits). They may be present in beer, wine, seafood. Other types of food "invaders" that can cause asthma – dyes (in particular, tartarin), preservatives (sodium benzoate, etc.), flavour enhancers (monosodium glutamate, etc.), sweeteners (aspartame, etc.).
Characteristics of the diet in bronchial asthma
Even if asthma is not caused by food but by other factors diet to observe. It is known that obesity is one of the risk factors for developing asthma – in some cases obesity precedes asthma. The weight of the lungs increased productivity, reduced asthma symptoms. The patient is recommended to monitor caloric intake. You need to limit salt, sugar, animal fats.
Acute seizures are able to reduce natural anti-inflammatory substances. They normalize blood clotting, counteract inflammation, reduce swelling of the mucous membranes. What substances may be especially important for asthmatics?
• omega-3 fatty acids
Products containing these substances shall be included in the menu.
• Lean meats, fish, poultry
• Dairy products
• cereal Grains and pasta
• Vegetables (carrots, potatoes, cabbage, beets, onions, herbs)
• Fruit (except citrus)
• White, rye, whole-grain bread
• Green tea, vegetable juices, fruit teas, a decoction of rose hips
During exacerbation, the patient is recommended a few days to devote to the starvation (you should drink water, teas – 6-8 tbsp. per day). Outside exacerbation diet must be complete.
all day: white bread (100 g) or brown bread (150g), sugar (30 g)
• the First Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, meat pate, green tea
• lunch: green apples
• Lunch: vegetable soup, bread, boiled lean meat, boiled potatoes, stewed fruit
• Snack: a decoction of rose hips
• Dinner: zrazy with cheese, steam fish, green tea
• overnight: low-fat dairy drink
Diet in bronchial asthma – concept of the individual. Of great importance is the nature of this disease. As practice shows, a balanced diet helps to reduce the severity of seizures.