Diet with heartburn
Heartburn is a condition in which there is reflux (emission of hydrochloric acid, pepsin, bile acids and enzymes from the stomach into the esophagus). The cause of this problem is the weakening of the lower esophageal sphincter. Weakness of the valve can be both hereditary and acquired (the latter option is more common). The deterioration of the sphincter is facilitated by such factors as:
• alcohol Abuse and organic coffee
• Frequent consumption of acidic, fatty and spicy foods
• the Presence of certain diseases (diabetes, asthma, etc.)
• hiatal Hernia
• Habit to eat before sleep
• Wearing tight clothes
it is Important to remember that different people have heartburn can cause different products. It is recommended to listen to their feelings and to eliminate from the diet food that caused the discomfort. Frequent heartburn, it is highly desirable to keep a food diary.
If the burning sensation in the esophagus occurs frequently, change the way of life. Have to lose weight and give up bad habits (Smoking, alcohol). You need to go to a fractional power mode (it is recommended to eat up to 6 times a day but small portions). It is advisable to eat food at the same time it normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. Not snacking "on the go" — it is very important to chew your food. The last meal should end 3-4 hours before bedtime. To prevent the ejection of gastric contents into the esophagus, you should sleep on a high pillow or on your left side.
Doctors recommend to drink with heartburn warm water. However, you cannot immediately drink large amount of liquids – it is important to comply with the measure (as with the use of products). It will not hurt to increase physical activity. Avoid stress and learn to relieve excessive nervous tension.
Advice on nutrition
Diet is prescribed for heartburn, distributes food and beverages into 3 groups. Some products should be consumed regularly, second you need to eat rarely and in compliance with the measures, and the third have to give.
• Vegetables (peas, broccoli, carrots, baked potatoes, green beans, etc.)
• Lean meats
• poultry Fillet (without skin)
• Fish low-fat varieties.
• Dairy products minimum fat content
• Ripe fruits (bananas, apples sweet varieties, etc.)
• Egg whites
• Soy tofu
• Wheat, corn or grain bread
• Bran, oatmeal and rice cereal
• Mineral water without gas
• low-fat baked goods
Foods that should be consumed in limited quantities:
• Apple juice
• Peaches, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, dried cranberries
• Garlic and onions (the ingredients)
• Dark meat poultry
• Fatty or fried fish, canned tuna
• Milk products 2 % fat, low-fat cottage cheese, cheddar, mozzarella
• Garlic bread, and pastries
• Baking with low fat content.
heartburn, avoid the following products:
• Orange, grapefruit, cranberry, tomato juice
• Lemon and other citrus fruits
• French fries
• Raw onion and fresh tomatoes
• Fatty meats
• Fatty dairy products
• Ice cream
• Pasta with fatty sauces or cheese
• Any alcohol
• Coffee (including decaffeinated)
• Refractory fat
• Pastries with high fat content
• Flavored crackers, chips
Diet for heartburn – concept of the individual. As practice shows, "total" lists the actual not for all. It is important to consider the body's response and make your own menu.