Diet for type 2 diabetes
diabetes mellitus is a common endocrine disease. Based on what diet for type 2 diabetes? How to make diet, what products I should avoid?
Brief information about the disease
diabetes mellitus of the 2nd type is characterized by a decrease in susceptibility of body tissues to insulin. Against this background, disturbed carbohydrate metabolism and glucose level in the blood increases. In most cases, diabetes of the 2nd type sick middle-aged people (over 45 years). The risk of developing this disease increases significantly in the case of excess weight. According to studies, moderate degrees of obesity the incidence of diabetes increases by 4 times, while in severe obesity increases the risk of disease by 30 times.
Principles of the diet
any recommendations based diet for type 2 diabetics? Therapeutic nutrition plan distributes products in 3 groups, the ones you can eat without restrictions, the second – following the principle of bisection, and by the third it is better to give up completely or to eat only occasionally.
Diet, prescribed for diabetes of the 2nd type, is based on the use of the following products:
• Branny bread
• Vegetables (different kinds of cabbage, parsley, sorrel, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, radish, onions)
• Fruits (quince, lemon, cranberry)
• Seasonings (herbs, spices, pepper, mustard)
• Fish and vegetable broth
• low-fat yogurt, low-fat cheese
• Tea and coffee without cream and sugar, still mineral water, beverages with sugar substitutes
• Boiled fish skinless
In limited quantities can be used:
• Bakery products, pasta, cereals
• Corn, potatoes, legumes
• Currants, cherry, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, apples, apricots, plums, peaches, bananas, citrus, melons, and figs
• Salad seasoning and low fat content
• Soups with cereals
• Milk, cheese, fermented milk products
• Fish average fat content
• Seafood (oysters, squid, mussels)
• Chicken, veal, rabbit meat, beef
• Olive, sunflower, corn oil
• Unsweetened jelly
• Confectionery with sugar substitutes, prepared on the basis of unsaturated fats
• Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, chestnuts, sunflower seeds
the Diet recommended for diabetics type 2, except:
• Fried potatoes
• Cookies, cakes, candy and pastries
• Rice or vegetables cooked with the animal fat
• Bold sauces.
• Rich and fatty broth
• Condensed milk, cream, fatty cheeses
• Fatty fish
• Canned in oil
• Bacon, canned meat, fatty meats, sausages, lard
• Alcohol (including beer)
studies show that reducing body weight by 5-10% helps to reduce blood pressure and level of glucose in the blood. On this basis, the purpose of the diet is not just limiting the consumption of carbohydrate food, but also maintaining weight at an optimal level, or, if necessary, reduction of body weight. To dramatically lose weight in any case be individually calculated daily caloric intake needs to decrease by 200-300 kcal (exact recommendations will give the doctor).
To avoid extremes of blood sugar, patients need to eat fractionally to 6 times a day (big breaks between meals should not be). The daily rate is determined by the carbohydrates in Bread Units (XE) are the easiest to navigate through tables. Per day the patient can consume 18-25 HEH, the "value" meals – HEH 3-5, and 1-2 CHANGES.
throughout the day you should drink non-carbonated water and unsweetened drinks (milk to quench your thirst is not suitable). When calculating the optimal rate, for every kilogram of weight should have about 30 ml.
Diet for type 2 diabetes – the concept of the individual. It is evidenced by the feedback (the body of each of us responds differently to change in diet). The above are just General guidelines – they will help you navigate.