Diet for erosive gastritis
Information about the disease
Erosive gastritis is a common form of the disease. It is characterized by the formation of defects (erosions) in the gastric mucosa. Pathology can occur in both acute and in the chronic form.
Symptoms of this problem are nausea (sometimes with vomiting) and pain in the stomach. The disease does not depend on the acidity of the gastric juices. Aggravating factors are:
• Long-term use of certain medications (NSAIDs, corticosteroids, etc.)
• Alcohol intoxication
• Susceptibility to stress
Erosive gastritis gives rise to complications, they usually affect the blood and lungs. Pathology is often accompanied by gastrointestinal bleeding due to the size of the affected area.
Advice on nutrition
Power with erosive gastritis involves certain limitations. It is important to remember that the diet should provide the body with a full range of beneficial elements (fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals).
patients need to Eat fractionally (6 times per day) and very small portions (not to stretch the stomach wall). Serving temperature of meals – guests. It is impossible to drink very hot and very cold foods.
What not to eat with erosive gastritis?
prerequisite is the rejection of oily and fried food (the biggest damage is done fatty meats, refractory fats). It is impossible to enter into the diet of the patient, hot spices, any canned food, smoked products, marinades.
Contraindicated sour or not ripe properly berries and fruits, and juices from them. It significantly limits the consumption of sweets.
Junk foods are:
• Baking pastries and puff pastry dough
• Fresh bread
• Any alcohol
• Carbonated beverages
• strong brewed tea and coffee
• Very fatty dairy products
• Eggs, cooked in fat
• Rich broth (including mushroom)
What can I eat with erosive gastritis?
the basis of the diet consists of:
• Soups mucous consistency-based cereals
• Porridge, made with water or diluted with milk and seasoned with a little butter or cream
• Lean meat and fish in the form of steam souffles, puddings, cutlets, meatballs
• non-acidic cottage cheese in mashed form or in the form of casseroles
• Eggs (cook them soft-boiled, steam cooked scrambled eggs)
• Jelly, mousses, jelly and stewed fruit sweet varieties of berries and fruits
• Pureed vegetable dishes that do not contain large amount of fiber (in consultation with your doctor)
• Diluted juices from sweet fruits
• a Decoction of rose hips
• Weakly brewed tea
• Wheat bread yesterday's baking.
With erosive gastritis must be allocated to the meal a sufficient amount of time. Can't eat in a hurry should not be distracted from food uptake (contraindicated conversations, watching TV, reading). Chewing food thoroughly, we thus facilitating the work of the stomach (making a total of 20 chewing movements, we performed 15% of the work on digestion).
For optimum results, doctors recommend their patients to comply with dietary restrictions for at least three months. In some cases diet affects all of life (diet meal plan allows you to maintain the normal function of the gastrointestinal tract).
According to reviews, the diet provides a good result only with long term use. Compliance with the above meal plan is not exempt from the treatment prescribed by a physician.