Diet during exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis
Pancreatitis is a disease characterized by dysfunction of the pancreas. Diet during exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis can be both strong and gentle (depending on the patient).
Diet with a sharp aggravation of chronic pancreatitis
With a sharp aggravation of the disease treatment should be carried out in stationary conditions. The patient is assigned a relatively strict bed rest.
a Few days is recommended to refrain from eating the food – shown liquid diet. You need to drink in small portions, but often. Allowed to drink unsweetened loosely brewed tea in the form of heat (2-3 tbsp. per day).
the fluid Deficit can be filled by the intravenous introduction of saline solutions of glucose or sodium chloride (1 l).
Diet mild exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis
mild acute pancreatitis can skip fasting. From the beginning the patient is transferred to a sparing diet that impose a restriction on fat intake and some types of protein foods.
Culinary processing of food eliminates the roasting. Diet provides mechanical, chemical and thermal sparing of the digestive system. Eat to fractional 5-6 times a day.
Calorie cut only at the beginning of the exacerbation (for a week, no more). In the future this figure is expected to reach 2000-2200 calories. The rate of salt intake is limited to 8 g.
Diet physiologically complete. Fall under the ban products that activates the processes of decay and fermentation in the intestine, stimulating increased bile secretion and enhancing gastric secretion. Excluded food rich in extractive substances, essential oils, organic acids, purines, cholesterol.
the Products can be steamed, boiled, baked without crust. To eat is pureed food.
• Proteins — 80 g
• Fat — 70-75 g (20-25 % vegetable origin)
• Carbohydrates – 350 g (up to 90 g accounts for the sugar)
the rate of fluid: 2-2,5 liters
• Yesterday or the dried wheat bread
• Vegetarian soups
• Dairy products (milk diluted with water)
• low-fat meat
• low-fat Fish types
• Milk drinks, fresh non-acidic cottage cheese (in mashed form), milk (in the ingredients)
• Protein omelets
• Pureed porridge, cooked in milk and water (buckwheat, oat, oat)
• steam Vegetable dishes (mashed potatoes, soufflé)
• Ripe, sour, soft fruits and berries
• Pureed dried fruits
• Milk jelly, sugar, honey, marmalade, marshmallows, jam
• Sauces, for vegetable or cereal mucous broth
• Fruit sauces
• Tea with milk or lemon, weakly brewed coffee with milk
• Juices from sweet fruits and berries
• a Decoction of rose hips
• butter (up to 20-30 g per day)
• Refined vegetable oil
• Fresh and rye bread
• Any soup (except vegetable)
• Fatty meats
• Any fats except as permitted
• Barley, millet,
• Radish, turnip, radish, onion, spinach, cabbage, sorrel, mushrooms, garlic
• Pickles, marinades, smoked meat
• Sour fruits
• hot spices
According to reviews, the diet helps to relieve the aggravation. Sparing diet really brings relief in chronic pancreatitis.