Diet for high blood sugar
Optimal for a healthy person the blood sugar level is considered to be 3.3-5.5 mmol/l during the day, the figure is undergoing some changes – this is quite normal.
it is Also worth considering that the level of sugar is influenced by some additional factors such as pregnancy, serious illness, severe stress. As a rule, it will return to normal without taking special measures.
Hyperglycemia is the increase in the level of glucose above 5.5 mmol/L. to Judge the presence of diabetes is possible if the two analyses made at some interval to show the level of 7.0 mmol/l or more.
Even with a slight rise in blood sugar should reconsider your diet. It is recommended to be examined, in particular — to check the status of the pancreas (this will help the ultrasound, the blood test for pancreatic enzymes, urinalysis for ketone bodies).
Symptoms of high blood sugar
• Frequent urination
• Thirst, dry mouth
• fatigue, weakness
• Reduction of body mass on the background of increased appetite
• Prolonged healing of scratches and wounds
• the Appearance of boils
• Decrease in immunity
• blurred vision
Characteristics of the diet
high blood sugar level are advised to follow a therapeutic diet № 9. The main idea of the diet is limiting the consumption of carbohydrates (primarily simple, fast increasing glucose levels).
the Priority position in the diet are allocated to non-starchy vegetables, not very sweet fruits, seafood, lean fish, lean meats, cereals, bread from wheat flour.
the Sugar is replaced with xylitol or sorbitol. Also limit the consumption of salt, potatoes, carrots, beets, green peas.
Products you can boil, bake, braise, fry (the latter method is used less often than others).
the Chemical composition of food:
• Carbohydrates: 300-350 g
• Proteins: 80-90 g
• Fat: 70-80 g
• Salt: not more than 12 g
• Free fluid: about 1,5 l
• Approximate daily caloric content: 2200-2400 kcal
it is recommended to Eat 5-6 times a day (this helps to keep the sugar level at a constant level). The daily intake of carbohydrates evenly throughout the day.
Diet diet for high sugar
• Not butter pastry and bread – 300 g per day (variety of bread: rye, protein-otrubanie, from flour of the 2nd grade, protein-wheat)
• Vegetable soups, borscht, cabbage soup, beetroot soup, okroshka soup (meat, vegetable), weak broth
• Meat and poultry (beef, veal, cut pork, rabbit, lamb, chicken, Turkey)
• Diabetic and dietetic sausage
• Boiled tongue
• Fish canned in its own juice
• low-fat varieties of fish
• Milk, milk drinks, low-fat and bold cheese, sour cream (some), lean and not too salty cheese
• Eggs (the yolks – limited)
• Porridge made from pearl barley, peeled barley, buckwheat, millet, oats
• Vegetables containing not more than 5% carbohydrates (the priority of cabbage, pumpkins, squash, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants)
• Snacks vinaigrettes, salads, vegetables or seafood, vegetable caviar, and soaked herring, beef jelly, fish in aspic
• Spices and sauces on weak broth and vegetable broth
• Drink: vegetable and fruit juices, coffee with milk, teas, a decoction of rose hips
• Fruits and berries savoury varieties of
• Sweets: jellies, mousses, Sambuca, compotes, candy on sugar substitutes, honey (limited)
• Fats: vegetable oils, butter, ghee
Excluded from the diet:
• Products from puff and fancy pastry.
• Rich broth
• Milk soups with the addition of semolina or rice
• Fatty fish, poultry, meat
• Smoked meats, canned meat, canned fish in oil, fish ROE
• Salty fatty cheese
• Sweet curd
• Semolina, polished rice, pasta
• Pickles and marinades
• Sweet fruits: grapes, bananas, raisins, dates, figs
• the Sweet juices and the drinks
• Sugar, candy, jam, ice cream
• Fatty, salty, spicy sauces
• Cooking and meat fats
• the First Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese, buckwheat porridge with milk, broth hips
• Second Breakfast: unsweetened juice, or a decoction of wheat bran
• Lunch: vegetarian soup, steam meatballs with milk gravy, jelly and tea
• afternoon Snack: unsweetened fruit
• Dinner: stewed cabbage, fish baked in milk sauce (it should be pre-boiled), tea
• Before sleep: yogurt from skim milk or yogurt
Reviews testify that diabetes is a serious disease, but following the doctor's orders and diet can significantly improve the quality of life.