Diet for multiple sclerosis
Information about the disease
Many people believe that multiple sclerosis is the deterioration of memory that occurs in old age. Actually this is not true. Most often the disease occurs between the ages of 15-40 years but can occur also in infants and the elderly.
Multiple sclerosis belongs to the category of chronic autoimmune diseases. This pathology is characterized by lesions of the myelin sheath of nerve fibers of the brain (spinal and head).
referred to as multiple Sclerosis lesions, characterized by the replacement of nerve tissue on the connective. Simultaneously affects several parts of the nervous system.
The aim of diet Embry in multiple sclerosis
the Proposed diet restricts the consumption of foods whose molecular structure is similar to the structure of myelin of the human body (the author of the diet believes that such products trigger autoimmune processes).
the Deletion will have:
• Dairy products (cheese, milk, yogurt, butter)
• All cereals containing gluten (rye, wheat, barley)
• Legumes (peanuts, soy, beans, peas)
• Foods that cause an Allergy (they contribute to increased immune reactivity)
• Sweets, fizzy drinks, any products with a high sugar content (they affect the intestinal microflora and enhance the immune response)
In limited quantity is consumed:
• Foods containing saturated fats
• lean Red meat (1 time per week)
• Poly - and monounsaturated fats (olive oil, fish oil, etc.)
• gluten-free cereals (corn, oats, rice)
• wine (moderately)
the priority are:
• Breast of poultry (without skin)
• Fish (salmon, mackerel, etc.)
• fruits and Vegetables containing dietary fiber and carbohydrates
Additional nutritional factors
Nutritional supplements are essential to maintain the immune system and increasing antioxidant activity.
• omega-3 fatty acids — 3 g (optional: 1 tsp flax oil)
• Magnesium 500-600 mg
• Calcium — 1200 mg
• Vitamin A — 5000 IU
• Vitamin D3 (it is taken separately from vitamin A) 4000 IU
• Vitamins (b complex) -50 mg
• Vitamin E — 400 IU
• Folic acid 1 mg
• Vitamin C — 1 g
• Selenium – 200 mcg
• Copper – 1-2 mg.
• Zinc 25-50 mg
• Manganese 20 mg
• Extract grape seed capsules 2 to 4 PCs.
• Ginkgo Biloba 120 mg
• CoQ10 – 90 mg
• Acidophilus – 6 to 9 capsules
• R+ alpha lipoic acid (antioxidant) – 500 mg
• N–acetylcysteine (increases antioxidant activity) – 500 mg
• Max EGCG (antioxidant) – 2 — 3 capsules (700 mg)
• Inosine (this element is useful in multiple sclerosis, but increases the level of uric acid, so taking it is in agreement with the doctor) 2 g
judging by the reviews presented above.
diet for multiple sclerosis
helps to improve the condition of patients and slow the progression of the disease.