Diet in acute pancreatitis
The first phase of the diet
acute pancreatitis the first 2-3 days are devoted to fasting. This period should drink non-carbonated mineral water (Essentuki № 4, Borjomi). Single serving liquid should be small and the water should spread evenly throughout the day.
The second stage of the diet
With pancreatitis is recommended to exclude:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Fried, spicy, fatty foods
• Acidic juices
• Sour fruits
• Some vegetables (radishes, cabbage, radish, spinach, sorrel)
• Rich broth
• Spices (horseradish, onion, vinegar, garlic, mustard)
• Smoked products
After a starvation diet with acute pancreatitis a few extends. There can be fractional, small portions, 5-6 times a day. In this period the basis of the diet are:
• Lean fish and meat (in the form of a souffle, meatballs, quenelle)
• low-fat fresh cheese
• Fresh cheese
• Mucous soups
• Sour fruit jelly
• Pureed cereals (excluding wheat)
• Crackers made from wheat flour
• Bread baking yesterday
• Vegetables in grinded form (priority mashed potatoes)
• Sour weight
• a Decoction of rose hips and black currants
• Loosely brewed tea
• Fats (butter and vegetable oil), add them to prepared meals
it is Useful to enrich the menu of the patient, the protein omelets, carrot puree, baked apples, pureed steamed puddings with fresh cheese. Milk can be included in the diet, but only in the composition of foods.
the fat Content is reduced by eliminating mutton and pork fat. The restriction of subject and starchy foods (sweets at the time of exacerbation is better to completely exclude).
the chemical composition of the diet are as follows:
• Proteins – 80 g (40% of vegetable origin)
• Fats — 40-60 g
• Carbohydrates – 200 g
the Food you eat in a warm (45-60°C). All hot and cold gets under the ban.
the Optimal diet calorie: 2500-2700 kcal. The product is steamed or boiled in water. Braised and fried dishes with acute pancreatitis is contraindicated.
Significant limitation is subject to salt (deficit of this substance contributes to the decreased production of hydrochloric acid and reduction of swelling of the pancreas). The first 14 days it is recommended in General, to cook food without salt.
Meals should be liquid or semi-liquid. The priority of blended food. The diet recommended to stick not only during the exacerbation (otherwise the disease can become chronic).
Sample menu diet for acute pancreatitis
• the First Breakfast: a light steam scrambled eggs, pureed oatmeal, boiled in water, loosely brewed tea
• lunch: mild cheese
• Lunch: pureed buckwheat soup, souffle cooked meat, jelly from apples.
• Dinner: carrot puree, steam fish cakes and broth hips
• Before sleep: yogurt
against the background of the above diet is a gradual recovery of the pancreas. During this period, it is essential to heed the doctor's recommendations.