Duck confit in crepes with vegetable stew
140 120 минут 8 порции
Duck confit is probably the best thing I can cook. This recipe I use already for 15 years and always made a duck for the New year because of its wonderful aroma fills the whole house and creates a festive atmosphere. I served it with baked potatoes and vegetables. Duck is very long cooked in fat at a low temperature, literally falling apart when pressed with a fork and melts in your mouth. And duck confit disassembled into thin fibers, it is a great filler for crepes, which are served on a mattress of steamed vegetables. This stew is also very tasty, but less expensive and useful.
Ingredients for Duck confit in crepes with vegetable stew
- Duck - 1.5 kg
- Shallots - 3 PCs
- Garlic - 6 tooth.
- Thyme - 1 Puig.
- Black pepper
- Salt - 4 tbsp
- Fat - 4 Stak.
- Flour - 1/2 stack.
- Milk - 1/2 stack.
- Water - 1/4 Cup.
- Chicken egg - 2 PCs
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Sunflower oil
- Savoy cabbages - 1/2 PCs
- Apple - 1 piece
- Pasternak - 1 piece
- Carrots - 2 PCs
- Leek - 1 piece
- Broth - 1 Cup.
Step by step instruction of cooking Duck confit in crepes with vegetable stew
1. With pieces of duck cut off the extra fat and melt it. Shallot and garlic are finely chopped. Remove the leaves from the thyme. Pour half the salt, onions, garlic and thyme leaves to the bottom of a large baking sheet. On top in one layer put the duck legs and wings and sprinkle them with the remaining salt, onion, garlic and thyme. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper, cover with cling film and put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 100C. In a frying pan with high sides on a slow fire to melt the duck fat, add the one that melted with pieces and pour it over the entire duck. It is desirable that the duck was as covered with fat. Place in oven and cook 2-3 hours, easy to duck behind the bone. Remove from oven and allow to cool. This duck can be stored in fat in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
3. Before serving just to heat the duck pieces in small amount of fat in the pan skin-side down, for about five minutes and then remove to a preheated oven at 150C for 15 minutes.
4. For pancakes, beat the eggs, add milk, water and butter, season with salt and gradually introduce the flour. Grease the pan with vegetable oil and pour 2/3 of a ladle of the dough evenly over the pan. Flip the pancake after 40-60 seconds and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds on the other side. Put in a bowl and repeat with the remaining batter.
5. For vegetable stew: heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan. Cut leeks, carrots and parsnips thin rings, and an Apple into small cubes. Cabbage chopped. Pour the leeks into a saucepan, to stew on a slow fire, add the parsnips and carrots, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, stir, heat 3 minutes and add Apple. After 3 minutes pour in the stock, cover and simmer, periodic stirring 8-10 minutes.
6. Fork to disassemble the duck into segments. Spread a quarter of the pancake dismantled duck folded it in a triangle. The upper envelope of the triangle is also filled with duck.