Thyme jam to pancakes
282 60 минут 4 порции
When I saw this recipe, I thought that might give a combination of water, thyme and lemon? But when I made it... Guys, this is the bomb! Very sorry I made such a small portion. The freshness of citrus and light spice thyme perfectly invigorates and refreshes. In my opinion, great for morning toast with butter or pancakes (pancakes). The idea I saw of Yulia Vysotskaya, but the proportions have set up for yourself.
Ingredients for Thyme jam to pancakes
- Thyme - 80 g
- Orange zest - 1 tbsp
- Water - 500 ml
- Pectin - 5 g
- Lemon - 1 piece
- Sugar - 200 g
- Flour - 500 ml
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Soda slaked vinegar - 1.5 tsp.
- Yogurt - 500 ml
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Chicken egg - 2 PCs
- Sunflower oil - 2 tbsp
Step by step instruction of cooking Thyme jam to pancakes
1. Grate the zest (without touching the white part). From lemon squeeze the juice. Heat water and dissolve sugar in it. Bring to a boil, add the zest, lemon juice, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Thyme wash and give to drain the water. Add thyme to the water. Cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes. Then strain the jam through a fine sieve and return to fire.
3. Pectin mixed with sugar. Add the pectin to the strained jam and stir thoroughly. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, no more.
4. Pour into sterilized jars (if you plan to store) and leave to cool. JEM initially is a liquid and thickens after cooling. With this amount of pectin obtained tender texture, more dense if you want, you can take 1-2 g of pectin more.
5. While the jam cools, make the pancakes. Beat eggs with sugar, salt, baking soda.
6. Add yogurt, flour and stir well with a mixer, to avoid lumps. Add the butter and stir again thoroughly. Let the dough stand for 5 minutes.
7. The pan well to heat. On a dry (!) pan, pour the amount of dough required for the pancake. I have great ladle from the slow cooker, the perfect size. Slightly flatten the dough with a spoon (if necessary). As soon as appeared on the surface of the bubbles, but not yet burst, flip pancake to other side and bake until Browning (I have yet photographed, some of the bubbles still burst). As soon as the pancake starts to move freely, it is ready.