This recipe for rice needed by all who cooks. The rice turns out amazingly crisp and delicious. If you want, do not add any spices, only add salt to taste, it will still be great. Important – choose quality rice Mistral Jasmine, and to comply with the time and proportion. It will be a great addition to vegetables, fish and meat. In this recipe I suggest to make it with soft fragrant eggplant and chicken in a fragrant curry sauce with coconut milk.
|Cooking time 120 minutes||Number of servings 6|
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Wash rice under water.
3. In a saucepan with a thick bottom heat the oil, put it in a cinnamon stick and crushed cardamom pods and a fast warm up on high heat and add salt, pepper (to taste) and turmeric. Add the rice, stir well so the rice is covered with oil and turmeric. Pour into a saucepan three and a half cups of boiling water, stir, cover, bring to boil and cook 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat to low and cook for another 7 minutes. A total of 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, wrap in a blanket and leave for another 12 minutes. During this time, the rice finally cooked.
4. For eggplant: eggplant cut into fairly large cubes, put in a colander, sitting on the pan, sprinkle with salt and put under oppression. Leave for an hour, went to excess fluid.
5. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and starch in a bowl.
6. Hands squeeze the remaining liquid from the eggplant and dry them on paper towels. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergines in two parishes. Add oil as needed. The pieces of eggplant should brown. It will take about 20 minutes. Remove the eggplant from the pan.
7. Onions cut into half rings and saute in butter on low fire until transparent, add sliced thin slices of garlic and heat another two minutes.
8. Add the eggplant and cover with sauce. All stir, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the lid, increase the heat and cook, stirring constantly, another minute.
9. For chicken curry: pour the coconut milk into a blender, add cilantro (leaves and stalks), chop and remove.
10. In a clean blender put the garlic, ginger, chilli, a little water and roll to make a thick paste.
11. Chicken cut into small pieces and fry until Golden brown. Remove from the pan.
12. Cut onion finely, put together with cinnamon and cloves until Golden brown. Add the chili paste and cook until evaporate almost all the liquid.
13. Return the chicken to the pan to the onions, add remaining spices and blend with coconut milk and cilantro. Bring to boil, cover and cook 15 minutes. Then cook without lid for another 15-20 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Check chicken for readiness, add salt and pepper if needed and tamarind paste (or lemon juice).