Chili con carne with a chocolate note
78 60 минут 6 порции
Classic chili con carne with an unexpected twist – it added a bit of cocoa powder and chocolate. These additives make the dish very rich, rich and harmonious. If you are cooking for children, use a mild chili instead of spicy.
Ingredients for Chili con carne with a chocolate note
- Vegetable oil
- Beans - 500 g
- Onion - 1 piece
- Pepper - 1 piece
- Garlic - 3 tooth.
- Chili - 1/2 tsp.
- Paprika sweet - 1 tsp.
- Cumin - 1 tsp.
- Cocoa powder - 1 tsp.
- Chocolate milk - 10 g
- Minced meat - 500 g
- Broth - 300 ml
- Tomatoes in own juice - 400 g
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp
- Marjoram - 1 tsp.
Step by step instruction of cooking Chili con carne with a chocolate note
1. Beans cover with water and leave to swell overnight.
2. Drain the water and cover the beans with fresh water.
3. Boil until tender about half an hour, drain the water.
4. Onion and garlic finely chopped, pepper cut into cubes.
5. Saute the onion in vegetable oil until transparent, add the pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for another few minutes, then add the garlic, Chile, paprika and cumin, stir and heat for another 2 minutes.
6. Put in sauce pan for vegetables ground beef. Slightly increase the flame. Cook about five minutes, stirring constantly flexing and large lumps of meat, if they appear.
7. Pour in the stock, chopped tomatoes with their juice, marjoram, cocoa powder, season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste and stir everything well.
8. Bring to boil and reduce fire. Add the beans. Cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Put the sauce 2 small pieces chocolate and stir. If the sauce seems dry, add water. The sauce is ready cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes – this is an important step because it allows the flavors and aromas to blend and infuse and the meat to absorb the juices and become very tender.
9. You can serve with lime wedges, avocado slices, grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro or rice – any of these additives at your discretion.