English Easter buns "Cross"
80 180 минут 6 порции
These delicate sweet buns (Hot cross buns) are preparing for Easter in England and America. Sometimes they add chocolate chips or nuts. In this recipe they are baked with the addition of fresh Apple, which makes them very light and airy.
Ingredients for English Easter buns "Cross"
- Milk - 300 ml
- Butter - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Flour - 500 g
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 75 g
- Yeast - 1 package.
- Chicken egg - 1 piece
- Raisins - 75 g
- Orange zest - 2 tsp.
- Apple - 1 piece
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 75 g
- Jam apricot - 3 tbsp.
Step by step instruction of cooking English Easter buns "Cross"
1. Milk bring to the boil, remove from heat and add butter. Leave the mixture to cool down to 36 degrees (close to body temperature). Sift the flour into a bowl, add salt, sugar, cinnamon and yeast.
2. Make a well in the middle and pour warm milk with butter and beaten egg.
3. Stir everything with a wooden spoon, place on a floured work surface and knead elastic, slightly sticky dough. (Knead about 5 minutes).
4. Grease a large clean bowl with vegetable oil, put the dough in it and cover with oiled cling film. Oil film smeared to the top of the test Mor, and that it has not formed a crust. Leave the dough to rise for 1 hour. It has doubled in size.
5. Remove the core of an Apple, peel it from the skin and finely chop. Put raisins, Apple and zest and knead the dough, not taking it out of the bowl and evenly distribute the added ingredients. Let rise for another hour under the oiled foil.
6. Divide the dough into 16 equal parts, roll them out balls and place on a baking sheet, padded parchment paper. To leave between the balls enough space because they will still come. Cover with oiled film and leave for another hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. For the cross mix the flour with 4-5 tablespoons of water to make a thick paste. Put the paste in a pastry bag with a thin nozzle and squeeze the horizontal stripes on all the rolls, then make vertical stripes.
8. Bake for 20 minutes in the middle of the oven until Golden brown. Heat the jam over low heat to become more liquid. If necessary, strain through a sieve to avoid lumps. Grease the hot buns with jam and let cool slightly.