Lobster "Thermidor" - a dish of meat of lobster in a wonderful sauce of cream, egg yolks, mustard and cognac. It was created in 1894 at the Paris restaurant "Chez Marie" in honor of the premiere of the play "Thermidor" by the film Director by victorien Sardou. I took the liberty to recede a little from the classic recipe. What came out of it – decide for yourself. You are all invited to a lobster!
|Cooking time -||Number of servings -|
1. To get the lobster. Give him a good rinse.
2. If it is small, this step feel free to skip. But I had the "lobster killer" - more than 2 kg. It does not fit in any capacity. So I had to separate the head from the body. By the way, I came across with caviar.
3. To boil a lobster it is necessary in the spicy broth. Because I took this set of spices: fragrant pepper, cloves, Bay leaf.
4. Put a pot of water on the fire. When the water boils, throw the spices and allow to simmer under lid for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, chop the onions finely and chop the garlic.
6. Grate cheese. Cheese can take any solid which is a good choice.
7. To download a lobster in a pot of boiling water. To wait for the water to boil again and count down the allotted time at the rate of 100 g – 1 minute. I have it cooked for 10 minutes, because it was without a head. Take out and cool.
8. Then cut the lobster with a carapace in half lengthwise. I used special scissors, but an ordinary kitchen too. Be sure to remove the intestine.
11. Lobster meat chop.
12. Fry the onions and garlic in butter.
13. Stir the chopped lobster meat and add 100 g of dry white wine. Saute 5 minutes over medium heat.
14. Add the heavy cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cream thickens. Season with salt to taste.
15. Let the mixture cool slightly to not burn your fingers. Add the chopped parsley. Then stuff the mixture wisely laid by for this case the halves of the shell. Sprinkle with grated cheese. In the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. When the cheese is brown, can be removed.
16. Garnish with greens and serve. Bon appetit!