A delicious and hearty vegetable stew with beans and lentils. Often make similar bean-vegetable meats. My signature recipe. Tasty, inexpensive and useful. Otherwise this dish could be called "the Vegetarian benefit", "the Gift of fasting", "a Storehouse of protein" or something... :-))) All the names are correct, because this dish is delightfully tasty and useful protein Supplement to the diet for vegetarians and fasting. Pleasure!
|Cooking time 60 minutes||Number of servings 6|
1. Prepare your ingredients.
2. The main actors - the bean is a storehouse of protein!
Vegetables perfectly complement them.
I chose a small green lentils Ontario TM Mistral, which is quickly cooked, but not turning into mush. Green lentils TM Mistral soaking is not required.
And small white beans Blanche TM Mistral.
Beans pre-soaked for at least 4 hours and boil by placing in cold water in the ratio 1:5. Salt added at the end.
When the beans are cooked, tilt it in a colander (I use a sieve).
3. Cabbage thinly slice or cut.
4. Tomatoes cut arbitrarily.
5. Carrots three on a grater. Onions finely chop.
6. In a well-heated vegetable oil pan put cumin, black pepper and cabbage. Lightly fry it and then simmer. 15-20 minutes.
7. Next, add the tomatoes. Mix and continue suppression. After 15-20 minutes, turn off the fire.
8. In a pot of cold water, start the lentils. The ratio of 1:3 or slightly more. I added water to 500 ml, and lentils 150 gr.
Cut into rings leeks celery stalks - small pieces.
9. While cooking the lentils, quickly saute the carrots and onions by adding turmeric.
10. By this time the lentils slightly aterials. Add in a saucepan cabbage-tomato and onion-carrot mixture.
11. Then add the leeks cut into rings and cut the celery stalks. Stir. Try the taste. Sprinkle with salt if necessary.
12. Simmer 10-20 minutes. Finally add previously boiled until cooked beans. Carefully stir.
13. It turns out yummy!
Bon appetit and good health!