Ordinary kvass on kvass wort
176 10 минут 20 порции
The usual recipe of malt kvass on kvass wort concentrate for beginners and those who have not. Malt home brew to cook easy, quick and fresh. Ten minutes of preparation, two days of patience and the result is usually pleasing to thereby "barrel, street" a taste of childhood. But the first time it turns out not at all. Some even give up. The recipe below with explanations and justifications. In each step the first sentence - what we're doing. Further details that you may miss.
Ingredients for Ordinary kvass on kvass wort
Step by step instruction of cooking Ordinary kvass on kvass wort
Prepare or buy "equipment" (a Bank, a funnel, a piece of gauze, rubber, dining room and teaspoon) and ingredients.
- I have a Bank for 4 years, with a wide mouth because yeast and bacteria for fermentation needs oxygen. Ideally, the mixture should be stirred in the process, but for such a small volume and the home environment will be fine.
- alcoholic fermentation and the carboxylation (carbonation) in the brew is the result of the yeast. I use regular dry baking yeast. If there is no fermentation and the brew does not work in 90% of the blame inactive or insufficiently active yeast.
- lactic fermentation in the brew provides a bacterium, "living" in the wort. Must I remind you, is a mixture of ~8/2 fermented and unfermented rye or barley malt, and flour. I use the concentrate in which the mixture of rye and jasminago malt, starch and rye flour koukousei. If in two days malt brew turned out not brew, and something like mash, then the mash is of poor quality, often expired.
- often suggest the water to boil. I did not boil, filter and household filter, to save you time. The choice is yours.
- jar, funnel, and spoons better sterilize, rinsing it with boiling water. In order to avoid. Although I do not.
My hands, boil 3 cups of water, pour into a jar, fill with sugar, stir until dissolved, pour in a jar of cold water, leaving approximately 3 cm to the edge, add the wort, stir, place the yeast, but do not stir, close the jar with gauze. Ready.
- doing the above manipulation I kill two birds with one stone: get in the range of 40-50 degrees, which is optimal for the bacteria and for the yeast early in the fermentation, and prepare the first sugar syrup in the boiling water, and then dilute it with cold water.
- 2-3 cm to the edge of the banks should be left. This is a space for foam, which otherwise, climb out. Not a tragedy, but...
- the gauze should be folded in two or three layers and strengthen vnatyag. So not slack.
- I add the wort into the warm water, it keeps me bacteria. If you add in the boiling water, it will ferment for beer.
- yeast can and stir. But why waste time? They get wet and settle, when they need to be.
I always before cooking my hands. And advise you.
Through approximately day pour kvass into bottles, avoiding dense sediment on the bottom.
- do not try to filter the brew, if you just keep the dregs from the bottom. First, filtering at home quite a pain in the arse. Secondly, in the case of kvass, completely useless. The brew settles wonderfully in the fridge, and the sediment poses no threat as taste and health.
the time of fermentation depends on the temperature. If the brew is too sweet, the temperature was low, the yeast and bacteria grew slowly and did not have time to Shavat most sugar. And if sour, the temperature was too high. If you have no incubator, to regulate temperature in the home can be difficult or impossible. Lengthen or shorten the time of fermentation.
Put the bottle in the fridge for another day for carboxylation.
usually days in the fridge is enough to aerate the brew to a nice more in the nose. If not, let me stand up - the fermentation is potano. Kvas is a living beverage.
- important point: do not fill bottle to neck. Oxygen Express for carboxylation.
Keep the brew in the refrigerator up to five days. Then it will start to turn sour. You can drink it with almost anything. Here we are having potatoes and herring was consumed.
Although the ingredients for the brew a bit, they may vary for different places and manufacturers. Water, wort, yeast, sugar, various sweets... So pick them for your specific condition and availability, and try to stick to selected times, and to experiment - on the basis of a friend.