So it has become a tradition that I for DR husband ( and it just falls in strawberry season) bake cake with strawberries. And every year is different! I want to surprise and please loved ones. This time was chocolate and delicate strawberry notes.
|Cooking time 120 minutes||Number of servings 8|
1. Prepare all the ingredients to make biscuits. Sift flour with cocoa, set aside.
2. In a bowl crack eggs, add the yolks. Add the sugar and stir.
Put the egg-sugar mixture in a water bath and, all the while stirring with a whisk heated to a temperature of approximately 43 degrees C.
3. Remove the egg mixture from the water bath and whisk on high speed until cool. The volume should increase at least three times. In the process of whipping, add two teaspoons of vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
4. In the resulting mass in three steps and mix up the flour mixture with cocoa. Do it gently, stirring in one direction from top to bottom. A little delayed biscuit dough in a separate bowl, add 70 grams of melted butter, stir, return to the bowl with the biscuit dough and again mix gently. Ready chocolate biscuit dough spread in a split mold. Pre-vystelim the form with baking paper and grease with butter.
Bake chocolate cake in preheated oven at 180-190 degrees for 30-35 minutes. This time I baked in the bowl of a slow cooker (about an hour), so I just lubed it with oil and sprinkle with flour. Readiness, as always, check with a wooden stick.
5. Ready cake remove from the oven, allow 10 minutes to cool down.
Spread on a grid or Board, remove the form and the paper and leave.
6. Prepared ingredients.
8. Cook puree over low heat, about 5-7 minutes. Starch mixed with 1 tsp cold water, add and bring to a boil. Soak gelatine in 2 tbsp water, give to swell and add to slightly cooled puree. Let cool until a little thick.
Prepare the cream:
9. Whip the cream with powder and a thickener to a density. Soak gelatine in 2 tbsp water, give to swell and add to cottage cheese. Strawberries cut into pieces. All combine and mix gently.
To assemble the cake:
10. For impregnation of cakes I took 100 ml of water and 100 g sugar. Brought to boil and cooled. Cut the cake into three layers and each impregnate. You can do the impregnation, because the cakes were so well soaked cream.
11. Each Korzh lubricated first, jam, then cream.
12. Part of the cream aside for decoration. Also grease the sides and top. Decorate according to your taste. In the photo the cake in the cut) to Everyone who made a pleasant tea party!
PS we are after the shortbread has remained proteins. So they can cook the meringue and decorate our cake.