1.5k - -
MOMOFUKU BIRTHDAY CAKE. As he said Christina Tossi, the author of this recipe and co-owner of pastry shop "Momofuku milk bar" in new York, this cake is associated with her childhood memories about "delrodarcon" cake: soft cupcake cakes (from a ready mix), lots of sprinkles, aroma vanillin. Cakes "Momofuku Milk Bar" have their own characteristics: 1 Cakes are baked in a baking sheet 29*20cm, then cut out and assembled into a 16cm form. 2. The outside of the cake is coated with cream 3. Streusel between the 4 cakes. Impregnation of cakes. This cake has a specific sweet and salty taste with a slight acidity.
Ingredients for Cake "Momofuku"
- Sugar - 100 g
- Brown sugar - 1.5 tbsp
- Flour - 90 g
- Leavening agent - 1/2 tsp.
- Grape seed oil - 40 g
- Topping pastry - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 55 g
- Margarine - 60 g
- Sugar - 250 g
- Brown sugar - 50 g
- Chicken egg - 3 PCs
- Buttermilk - 110 g
- Grape seed oil - 65 g
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp.
- Flour - 245 g
- Leavening agent - 1.5 tsp.
- Salt - 3/4 tsp.
- Topping pastry - 60 g
- Butter - 115 g
- Spread - 50 g
- Cream cheese - 55 g
- Glucose syrup - 1 tbsp
- Corn syrup - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 200 g
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Leavening agent - 1/8 tsp.
- Citric acid - 1/8 tsp.
- Milk - 55 g
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp.
Step by step instruction of cooking Cake "Momofuku"
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone Mat (I just bake on the baking sheet).
2. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and sprinkles in the bowl of a blender. Mix on low speed. Add oil and vanilla and mix on low speed until small crumbs.
3. Distribute, streusel on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, breaking the caked crumbs once or twice during baking. I prefer just to mix, leaving large crumbs. The crumbs should be slightly moist to the touch; they will dry after cooling. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Streusel can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, as well as in the refrigerator or freezer for 1 month.
1. In a bowl, mix glucose, corn syrup and vanilla extract. I used invert syrup, the recipe options are on the site.
2. Combine the butter, shortening, (spread) and cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
3. At a low speed to introduce the mixture of syrups. Whisk 2 - 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
4. Add the powdered sugar, salt, baking powder and citric acid and mix on low speed. Then increase speed and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Use Immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. (Bring to room temperature before using).
3. Put the dough trimming into the ring and hands form a cake.
4. In a small bowl mix together the milk and vanilla extract. Half of the mixture saturate the cake.
5. Spread a fifth of the cream evenly on the cake. It is easy to do with a bent spoon.
6. Sprinkle a third of the crumbs evenly on top of the cream, lightly press them into the cream. On top, apply another 1/5 of the cream.
7. Layer 2: Place the second cake soaked in milk, and repeat the process of applying the cream as for the first layer.
8. Layer 3: Place the last cake. Cover the top of the cake with remaining cream. Garnish with strategem.
9. Freeze for at least 12 hours. (Cake can be stored in the freezer up to 2 weeks). I have a small freezer, the cake is there just got in, so I put in the coldest place of the fridge for a day.