It had been a Golden time of the ripening of tasty and useful berries, which include gooseberry. All of it delicious: jams, compote, cakes. I decided to make him a casserole. The original recipe used cherry, but I tried to replace it with the gooseberry, after all they have a similar sweet and sour taste. Casserole was very tasty, and it is particularly like kids, my toddler was eating it with great pleasure.
|Cooking time -||Number of servings -|
1. Gooseberry wash, dry and use the scissors to cut the stems.
2. In the milk put the rice, a pinch of salt, lemon zest, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 25 minutes.
3. Egg whip the egg yolks with butter and sugar.
4. Separately beat the whites until stable peaks.
5. From cooked rice to remove the zest and allow the rice to cool. Then the rice and cottage cheese (grated), add to the yolks and stir well.
6. Gently push into the mass of whites.
7. In a greased (if not silicone) in the form to pour the dough.
8. Put the gooseberries and put in a preheated 175 degree oven for 40 minutes.
9. After 40 minutes turn off the oven, give a little dip to cool off.
10. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!