This is a favorite dish of our family. Usually we cook for the holidays. Eastern cuisine is rich in dozens of kinds of pilaf: pilaf is Bukhara, Samarkand is (these options are Uzbek pilaf is cooked with addition of dried fruits), and Azerbaijan... the Tatar plov Recipe we have passed down from generation to generation. Meat is cooked separately we fry it in the simplest way in the other pan. This vegetarian option is delicious by itself. In the role of "cushion" we use potatoes or pumpkin: they help to give the rice juiciness and softness, but still very delicious roast! In short, go ahead! I hope this dish will become a crown and in your kitchen.
|Cooking time 50 minutes||Number of servings 4|
1. In boiling salted water, put the rice (2 cups). Boil since boiling, about 5-7 minutes. Inside the rice should remain hard.
2. Wash the rice with cold water through the colander to cool.
3. Fry carrots and onions until Golden brown. We roasted in vegetable oil (and in butter or ghee).
4. Prepare a "cushion" for the future of the pilaf: put the sliced potatoes, fully vystelim them to the bottom of the pan. There pre-add a little oil (left over from our roast)
5. Then put rice. Water is not added.
6. Spread on top of carrots and onions.
7. Close the pan with a lid, it is important that the cover was closed tightly. We wrapped the lid with a towel (and parchment paper). This is done for the so-called "greenhouse effect".
8. Cooking pilaf on low heat for 35-40 minutes.