Italian chef Donato de Santis tried this dish a few years ago in one of the restaurants of Emilia-Romagna. To taste it was like ravioli, but their form was the original helix. At that time, "snails" experienced its finest hour and is served almost everywhere, but some time later, he was undeservedly forgotten. The history of the recipe lost, but they say that the mastermind of the idea of creating such an unusual shape ravioli was... a grape snail. A couple of days ago in the culinary program "Villa pasta" Donato de Santis decided to revive the recipe, or rather, refined the flow of ravioli with cheese. I liked the idea, and I slightly adapted the recipe to suit our tastes and opportunities, present it to your attention.
|Cooking time 40 minutes||Number of servings 6|
1. Sift the flour, pour the slide.
2. Make a well, pour eggs, add a pinch of salt.
3. To cut with a knife, adding water as needed.
4. Then use your hands to knead the dough, shape into a ball, cover it with a towel and an overturned bowl and leave for 30 minutes.
5. While you make the filling. To the cream cheese add grated cheese (50 grams), egg yolk, and very little salt.
6. Add dried Basil and chopped dill.
7. Mash with a fork into a smooth paste, adding milk (and cream, but so will high-calorie) so that the mass was thick enough.
8. To spread weight to the package, with cut tip.
9. Divide the dough into 4 parts. To take one, let the rest yet to lie under a towel and a bowl. The dough is elastic, with a pleasant Sunny color, it is convenient to work. If your dough is, give him a little more "relax".
Roll out one portion into a rectangular layer and cut a strip of 3.5-4 cm.
10. Spread the filling on the middle of this strip, gently squeezing the package. Master called it "the path of the snail".
11. Connecting edge strips - first how-to "hints", then more jamming seam.
12. Spin received a tube stuffed into a spiral and fasten the edges between them in several places, so that during cooking, the helix is not unwound.
13. Sprinkle Board with flour, put "snail" and also to sprinkle. As well do the rest "snails", cover them with a dry towel.
14. Water to boil, carefully put the "snails".
15. When they surface, reduce the heat and cover, cook for 5 minutes.
16. To catch with a slotted spoon, place into a colander.
Submit "snails" you can, of course, in the form for baking, and can be portioned, sprinkle on top of the dish with olive oil.