Curry lamb from Gerard Depardieu
151 - -
Everyone's favorite actor is famous not only for their roles in the movie, and the fact that he's a great winemaker and chef. I recently became the owner of his book "My kitchen" and I fell in love with this man even more. How is he "tasty" writes their own recipes! This recipe I tried many times and each time comes out just great lamb, juicy and flavorful. All fans of lamb here.
Ingredients for Curry lamb from Gerard Depardieu
- Lamb - 1 kg
- Coriander - 1 tbsp
- Zira - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom - 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Carnation - 2 PCs
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Black pepper - 0.5 tsp.
- Chili - 0.5 tsp.
- Turmeric - 1 tsp.
- Vinegar - 200 ml
- Bay leaf - 2 PCs
- Garlic - 3 tooth.
- Mustard - 1 tsp.
Step by step instruction of cooking Curry lamb from Gerard Depardieu
1. Fry on a dry pan the coriander seeds and cumin. Then remove from heat.
2. Add the remaining spices: cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, chilli and turmeric.
3. Mix it all with 1 tsp vinegar and grated on a fine grater ginger. Lamb cut into large cubes and roll them in this mixture, laid on top leaves Bay leaf. Pour the remaining vinegar.
Marinate the lamb at least 1 hour, covered with cling film.
3. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Garlic finely chop and fry it in a large cast-iron casserole, then add mustard seeds.
Then add meat with marinade. A little salt, bring to boil and close the lid. Send the pan in the oven for 1 hour.
5. After a time the meat should be juicy and soft, and at the bottom should be slightly liquid.
Serve curry with rice or boiled potatoes.