Biryani or spicy Indian pilaf
81 90 минут 6 порции
Biryani is a dish that came to India during the period of Muslim conquest. The classic biryani of course is prepared from mutton. But he is so popular across the country that now found lots of options: with chicken and dried fruit and vegetables - depending on the religion and as it is banal sounds, from the family's wealth. To say about biryani. what is it fragrant, it does not say anything. Unlike risotto, it uses a lot more spices that form a Symphony of smells and tastes.
Ingredients for Biryani or spicy Indian pilaf
- Lamb - 1.5 kg
- Butter - 70 g
- Onion - 2 PCs
- Garnet - 1 piece
- Turmeric - 1 tsp.
- Spices - 3 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil
- Barberry - 3 tbsp.
- Garlic - 3 PCs
- Figure - 500 g
Step by step instruction of cooking Biryani or spicy Indian pilaf
12. And get this result. Of course, you can use saffron, but at the time I had, and I cost budget option in the form of turmeric.
13. Wash and soak the barberries.
14. Now, if in the stew you have liquid in the pan, then add it to the mixture of onions and carrots.
16. And only then spread the meat.
17. Stir. Add 1 teaspoon of our spice. Add the unpeeled garlic. Can slices, and a head. Bring to the boil, close with a tight lid and put on slow fire. As the rice we were already soaked, and the meat is brought to a soft condition, after 10-15 minutes the biryani will be ready. Remove the flame, stir carefully and leave under the lid for another 5 minutes.
1. Take 1 shoulder and brisket. Chop into small pieces.
2. To prepare the onions and carrots, cut them into strips.
3. Now the most important: spices. They make the dish. Unlike pilaf, biryani is prepared with a very large amount of spices. Here is a rough layout (you can adjust according to your taste, but to start, try my version).
Carnation – 10 pieces
Black pepper peas – 8 PCs
Cardamom green – 10 PCs
Cardamom black – 1 piece
Bay leaf – 1
Ground coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Jeera – 1 tsp
Ground cinnamon – 0.5 tsp.
All that bean, grind in a coffee grinder. Add the coriander, cumin and cinnamon. Supposed to be divinely aromatic blend. Bay leaf, then throw in the meat just.
4. Pour into a wide frying pan with vegetable oil and carefully heat it. In meat it is necessary to add salt, then quickly fry until Golden brown over high heat so that it "sealed" and gave no juice.
5. Then add 2 tsp of our spices and continue to fry, literally a minute to let the spices open up yourself.
8. When you make sure the meat is already quite matured, start the roast onions. Take any thick-walled container (a pot, a cauldron, etc., I have a wok), pour a little vegetable oil and fry the onions until Golden brown.
10. Then add the carrots and continue to fry for 3-4 minutes.