Singhara Indian pie
100 75 минут 6 порции
Singhara – Bengali version is more famous samosas. These are small cakes that are served in all Indian weddings and other celebrations. Samos has a semicircular shape, and singhara – triangular. The filling can be vegetable or meat. The recipe describes cooking singary with potatoes, peas and spices. The dough was thin and crispy, and the filling is spicy and flavorful. Don't be surprised that a lump of dough will be quite small. Thinly roll it, you will get 16 pies.
Ingredients for Singhara Indian pie
- Flour - 125 g
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 25 g
- Water - 4 tbsp
- Vegetable oil
- Mustard - 1 tsp.
- Onion - 1 piece
- Chili - 1 piece
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp.
- Ginger - 1 tsp.
- Green peas - 125 g
- Potatoes - 125 g
- Cilantro - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Step by step instruction of cooking Singhara Indian pie
1. Flour and Sol to sift into a bowl, add the diced butter and RUB the flour with oil with your hands into crumbs. Add water and knead the dough. Wrap it in clingfilm and put into the refrigerator while you do the vegetables.
2. Boiled potatoes peel and cut into small cubes. Cut onion finely.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Warm up for a few seconds, and when they begin to splutter, add the onion and fry until Golden color. Add the Chile, turmeric, ginger and salt and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the peas, heat for 2 minutes, then add diced potato and cilantro and stir well. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, add lemon juice and cool slightly.
4. Divide the dough into 8 pieces, roll each into a thin circle and cut each circle in half.
5. Lubricate the edge of the semicircle with water and fold it into a cone.
6. Fill the cone with potato stuffing and take the upper hand. Too hard to fill not worth it to not have torn the dough.
7. Prepared singary to lay out on a Board sprinkled with flour.
8. To cook in hot oil for a few minutes until Golden brown.
9. Spread on paper towels, leaving excess oil.